1. The Court of Appeal (Beach, Kyrou and Kaye JJA), considered whether the Trial Judge erred in dismissing an application to remove a caveat under section 90(3) of the TL Act (see Chan and anor v Liu and anor  VSCA 28).
Get the right advice on Structuring and Trusts best suited to your business and personal needs. We can also make changes to existing structures or trusts in order to fit your requirements. At Sutton Laurence King Lawyers our services include Business Structuring or Business Restructuring including Joint Ventures, Companies,
1. In CAG Company P/L v Cheruku and anor  VCC 13, the County Court (Marks J) considered the interpretation of a handwritten clause in a contract of sale of real estate allowing the purchaser to take possession of the property being sold 5 and 1/2 months before settlement.
1. In March 2020, the Court of Appeal (Maxwell P, Tate and Forrest JJA), looked at whether the summary procedure for possession of land under order 53 was appropriate in the case of a dispute between a brother and sister (see Chan and Lin
Sometimes situations can change within an instant and it is difficult to determine the best course of action. Getting the advice of an experienced legal team can save you and your business in more ways than you think. If you’re in need of our services get in touch with our
1. In Alliance Developments v Arbab  VSC 832, the Supreme Court of Victoria (Garde J) considered the circumstances in which it may be appropriate to order indemnity costs against a solicitor in respect of an application to remove a caveat lodged on behalf of a client.
What is Democratic Vice Presidential candidate Kamala Harris’ record on law and justice issues? A review of the legal framework around Police Body Worn Video Cameras has just been released by the NSW Department of Communities and Justice. Who decides what gets recorded? And what factors are considered when a
1. In Lanciana v Alderuccio  VSCA 152, the Court of Appeal in a joint judgment (Tate, Hargrave and Emerton JJA) considered the circumstances in which it may be appropriate to order that a solicitor pay compensation under section 118 of the Transfer of Land Act 1958 in respect of a caveat lodged on behalf
Knowing the potential risks and legal implications associated with purchasing a business is highly important. That’s why hiring the right legal representative to guide you through the process is needed. We offer services in property development inclusive of commercial, residential and industrial property matters. Do you require our expertise? Get
In the battle to secure PPE to protect ourselves from COVID 19 are we turning a blind eye to forced labour? Is our federal Modern Slavery Act up to the task and why has the separate Modern Slavery legislation in NSW been put on ice? Also, the first criminal conviction
Are you a first home buyer but unsure where to start? The ‘first home owner grant’ is a one-off grant payable to those who meet the eligibility criteria. A first home buyer may also be eligible for a full Stamp Duty exemption. Before you enter into a Contract of Sale,
Are you a business in need of professional advice or guidance? At Sutton Laurence King Lawyers our services include: Commercial & Transactional, Banking & Finance, Structuring & Trusts, Property Development, Conveyancing, Litigation, Insolvency and Intellectual Property (IP). Give us a call on 03 9070 9810 📞
With the legal landscape and responsibilities for business owners changing, it’s in your best interests to be aware of your obligations. Our team writes regular articles to assist you with managing your business’ legal matters across the range of our expertise. We recommend signing up to our mail list to
One in four Victorians supposed to be self-isolating for COVID 19 were found to be not at home. Starting today Singapore will allow some new arrivals to wear an electronic bracelet, instead of quarantining in a state-run facility. Could this be a more effective way to monitor those who should
When it comes to finding the right financial adviser for your business, there are many factors that you should consider to avoid putting your financial future in jeopardy. For professional advice and support for your business, get in contact with our team today. Call 03 9070 9810 📞
Each member of the Sutton Laurence King Lawyers team provide a specific area of expertise, which means we can assist you with a wide range of small business services. Are you in need our services? Call us today!
For those of you who may be thinking of filing and serving an application pursuant to section 84 of the Property Law Act 1958, I am happy to report that the Supreme Court is continuing to hear matters via Zoom … Continue reading →
If you’re selling or purchasing a property, mistakes can be costly. The details are highly important, that’s why we aim to make your conveyancing transaction hassle-free. Contact us today to work with an experienced team of property law professionals.
Victoria has just been declared a state of disaster. What powers does this confer? And the Full Federal Court has unanimously upheld an earlier decision of the Federal Circuit Court which awarded $170,000 in damages to Catherine Hill. Ms Hill was a junior lawyer who was sexually harassed by her
At Sutton Laurence King Lawyers we understand that dealing with legal matters that affect your business can be costly, complex and confusing. That’s why we focus on fixed prices, providing a quote in advance. As well as offering flexibility on structuring costs if needed. Get in contact to discuss your